Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mama Lou

It's not until I became a mother that I realized all that my mother did for me, all that she gave and worked and never rested.  It's not until I became a mother that I really understood her amazing patience, her unwavering love, her reliance on prayer, her sweet generosity. 


Her job is never done, though all her children are grown and married- she still works, pouring herself out into the next generation of her children's children and yet still taking time for her own.  Our children {and future children} have their Oma and she is just as tender, loving and patient with them- full of fun, adventure, kisses and laughter, full of love.  She goes out of her way {quite literally} to spend time with them, teach them new things, read them the same book over and over again, play with them and tell them how special they are to her.  


There is no way to say enough to bless her for that which she has done over the years and what she continues to do. 


Mama- I am so thankful that you are my mom, my friend and my mentor.  Thank you for teaching me through your actions how to be a wonderful mother.  I love you so much and hope today you were reminded of how special you are to us!



1 comment:

  1. Rebekah- You have a way with words. I second all that you said- we most certainly have been blessed with a wonderful mom! I am so thankful to God for her! Hope you have had a great Mother's Day too! I love all the advice and mommy experience that I get from you being about 1 year ahead of us!! You are a terrific mom to your little boy and he is so lucky to have you!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete