Wednesday, February 29, 2012

E-I-E-I-O

I recently came across this tutorial and pattern for these adorable Old MacDonald puppets and just knew Thomas would love them!  He actually hasn't had the chance to play with them yet because they are for his birthday, but since he doesn't read my blog, I figured I could go ahead and show them to you. The farmer is missing because I am still working on him....he ended up looking a bit like Moses, so I am going to tweak him and then I'll share him!


The most time consuming part of the project was definitely the cutting out of the pattern and felt.  After that, each puppet came together quite quickly.  I love the results and I thought the tutorial/ patterns were pretty good.  There were a few things that I did differently, but for the most part I just followed what the blogger said.  A big plus, this project costs me LESS than $6.  I already had dark brown and ivory felt and for the rest I bought 1-2 squares of each color from Hobby Lobby for just $0.25 a square.  


I have a tie for my favorites- it's between the dog and duck...which one's your favorite?








I also love the back of the horse...so cute!  These aren't perfect by any means, but I think they will provide the bean with a lot of fun in the months and years to come!


-R


ps- I've got another birthday project in the works that I'll share when I finish it!!

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! Those are so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so so cute! awesome job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so amazing, Rebekah! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! Can I put in an order?? Joey especially likes the pig!!

    ReplyDelete