Saturday, November 5, 2011

sweet baby shower: part one {decorations!}

So many weeks and details went into planning Jen's baby shower {not to mention lots of finding ideas on pinterest} and it turned out just perfect!  Thanks SO much to everyone who helped make it a success by providing a place to have it, food, and awesome presents for my sister!!!


I decided to go with a green, orange and yellow theme since we didn't know the sex of the baby when we started the planning-- not to mention it was perfect for fall!  We had it at my sister's friend's house {Thanks, Miranda!}.  She has such a cute place and it was the perfect setting for the shower!  I didn't take a pictures of the invites, but Miranda sent out these from etsy.com.  They were adorable!


For the cupcakes, I made flags using these free printable labels on white cardstock and attaching toothpicks to them.

I also made a diaper cake.  If you ever make one, the key to keeping it together is using a paper towel roll up the center!  There are tons of tutorials for doing this that you can google to get ideas!  

As a "guest book" I bought Happy Birthday To You! by Dr. Suess book and had everyone write inside the cover.  I wrote this poem as instructions.


For beverages, we had Chickfila lemonade and hot apple cider. yum!


Mom and I {but mostly mom!}  made our party favors {idea courtesy of pinterest} using double stuff oreos with a lollipop stick dipped in white chocolate and decorated with green chocolate.  The tags were stamped with a "thanks so much" and tied with white ribbon. They were adorable and delicious!

I painted this box to use for one of the games.

This banner was made out of scrapbook paper and ribbon.

Here's the delicious spread provided by lots of friends and family! 

There you have it!  A fall-ish baby shower for my sweet sister and her new baby girl!  Additional posts and pictures to come!


-R

1 comment:

  1. It was so sweet of you and I LOVED it! Thanks so much to you and everyone for all of your hard work. We felt so loved and blessed! Love you! - Jen

    ReplyDelete