Friday, October 14, 2011

Reupholstering our parsons chairs: part three

Well, it's done!  Parson chair number one is complete.  I've started disassembling the second one, but haven't gotten very far since we've been out of town!  You can check out part 1 and part 2 to see what it took to get here.  I went looking for some kind of trim to go over the stitching between the two fabrics and actually found nailhead trim which is what I wanted to use originally but had trouble with {see part 2 for details}!  Did you know Joann's sells nailhead trim that is already connected in a line and you just put in a nail every 5th one? AMAZING and SO easy.


Anyway, want to see a good before and after?


BEFORE:

AFTER:


Goodbye cheesy 80s.  I'm pretty proud of my first upholstery project!  There were definitely some glitches along the way, but the end product was worth it.  Now I just have to get the energy to tackle chair # 2.


-R

7 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! I love when DIY projects turn out SO good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SO awesome! We reupholstered a few dining room chairs but I am so scared to tackle the "real" chairs! You'll be my inspiration one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have six velvet forest green parsons chairs around my dining table that I want to reupholster, but have been frightened because I wasn't sure how to do it. Your post has helped me figure it out and I will be attempting soon... I hope. Lol

    ReplyDelete