Tuesday, September 20, 2011

pantry challenge update

Well, this pantry challenge has saved us a lot of moo-la so far this month!  We only have one week left of grocery shopping to do {i've already shopped for this week} and almost half of our budget left!  Awesome!  We also have quite a big chunk of date money left.   I will say that last week I only stuck to our meal plan until my family came into town-- and of course they spoiled us while they were here, so that helps with the budget too :).  Regardless, here's the plan for this week:


Monday {yes, we already ate this}: chicken, butternut squash, roasted tomatoes {brought from my dad's garden} and green beans


Tuesday: tuna sandwiches, soup, grapes


Wednesday: homemade pizza, salad


Thursday: Fiesta Corn and Potato Chowder 


Friday:  Mama's Healthy BBQ crock pot chicken {already prepared and in the freezer- just have to throw it into the crock pot}


Saturday: out or carry-out


Sunday:  egg scrambles {basically we throw in a bunch of veggies from the fridge and some sriracha- yum!} , turkey sausage and fruit


I really enjoy only buying fresh things from the store--it has really allowed us to have more healthy things around to enjoy and less processed junk:)  We are slowly making a dent in our pantry, but I am thinking about extending the challenge into at least part of October since we still have a ways to go. We'll see!


-R

1 comment:

  1. Yum !
    We loved seeing all of you this past weekend !
    I enjoyed a taco bowl myself tonight - great recipe !
    Love you !
    Dad/Papa

    ReplyDelete