Sunday, August 28, 2011

the state fair

James and I spent Saturday afternoon and evening at the State Fair while Nana and Scot babysat Thomas {thanks!}!  We had such a fun time and it felt good just to go do something fun together and not have to worry about feeding or taking care of a little one:)  This was my first fair {at least that I actually remember} and it did not disappoint.  There were all kinds of fun and crazy things- including a cool high dive act. And oh, the people watching was amazing! Seriously. And ridiculous.  Here are just a few snapshots of the night:
all made of balloons

we saw a lot of cattle. sheep, too.

the sheer amount of fried food to choose from was overwhelming.  we didn't try any of these {nor did we try the donut burger--no, i did not make that up}, but i couldn't resist taking a picture.

deep fried kool aide? hmm...not sure how that works

I got a smoked turkey leg, which actually wasn't very good {guess i don't love smoked meat} and I didn't eat very much of it. But it was HUGE.

waiting to ride the ferris wheel or as the ticket lady called it, "the wheel of love"


view from the top

we rode right at sunset which was perfect :)
The weather was especially perfect after sunset.  We really had a fabulous time walking around, eating cotton candy and laughing together :).  We also took one of those old time photos where they dress you up.  I've never done one before, but it turned out so great and so funny {as cheesy as they are}!  I am going to try to scan it at some point and post it.

I think James had a very happy birthday and I thoroughly enjoyed the date!

-R

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I'm glad you had a good time! I'll give you a call tomorrow so we can catch up. Hope you are feeling better. And, nice braces, James!

    ReplyDelete