Saturday, July 9, 2011

Rebekah's Kitchen: pumpkin dip

I know it's not fall, but i love pumpkin things year round, so I thought I would share this fabulous dip recipe.  My sister, Jen, made it for a bridal shower that she threw me and it was SO delicious that I had to steal the recipe.  It's so good on apples, but also tastes great on gingersnaps and probably an array of other things.  It's also incredibly easy to make!


Here's what you need:

one small can of pumpkin {i used 1/2 of a large can that I had in the freezer}
one block of plain cream cheese 
3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
a half cup of Splenda OR 2 cups of powdered sugar {in my opinion the powdered sugar provides a bit nicer texture to the dip, but I use the Splenda for caloric reasons and it tastes just as good}


Then just blend all the ingredients with a hand mixer {you can do it in the blender to make it a bit smoother, but i think this is easier and less messy}:

And, voila! I usually let it chill in the fridge for awhile because I like it better that way, but you could just dig right in! 

So, there you have it.  Super easy and super delicious!


-R

2 comments:

  1. I wish I lived closer I would come over to have a sample!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some already! It's delicious. I love all things pumpkin and I had a can of pumpkin on the counter thinking I was going to make muffins or pancakes. I went downstairs (from my computer in my studio) and made it from memory. It was a little off and I had forgotten the spice. After I added it, Yum! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete