Friday, July 1, 2011

Rebekah's Kitchen: Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

So, I told you that I would let you in on a great cinnamon roll recipe!  Beware: these are NOT healthy in any way:), but they taste wonderful!


I thought I would take you through the pictures of what I did and if you want the whole recipe and tutorial you can get it here


Ok, so first I got out all the ingredients for the dough:


Then I put it in the bowl in the correct order (this was great because I didn't even have to activate the yeast before it went in):


The kitchenaid dough hook worked wonders!

I kneaded the dough on a lightly oiled surface until it was elastic and then let it set for about 10 minutes (because I used the rapid rise yeast I did not have to wait until it was doubled in size. it saved a lot of time.):

While it was rising I got out the ingredients for the cinnamon center: 

Then I rolled out the dough to about 15 X 24 inches and spread the melted butter onto it:

Added the cinnamon and brown sugar:

And then rolled it up longways and pinched the dough together to get it to stay:

Next I cut up the dough into sections and put them in an oiled pan. They should not be touching each other or the side of the pan.  I followed the directions on how big to make them, but next time I will make them smaller as they turned out to be some very large cinnamon rolls:

Because the mix made so many, I put two pans in the freezer for another time and then let this pan set in a warm place to rise for about 45 minutes.  Then I put them into the oven to bake.  Eventually when I take the rolls out of the freezer, I will just let them thaw and rise overnight before baking:

While they were baking, I made up the cream cheese icing using these ingredients:

And just as I was starting the icing, look who woke up:) He decided to go for a swing while I finished:

The cinnamon rolls turned out perfectly and HUGE!  

I iced them while warm and decided to try the small one...you know, just to make sure they were ok.  They were FABULOUS!  James got home from school and polished one large one and we split the other.  These did not last long:)

So, there you have it.  I highly suggest them and I really like that they are made totally from scratch:)


-R

1 comment: