Friday, June 24, 2011

peace in the rough days.

Whew! It's been a crazy week or two in our household.  Our little man suddenly decided that sleep was for the birds.  And it was ROUGH!  He was back to getting up 2 and 3 times a night and suddenly screamed for a LONG time every time we put him in his crib.  It was so unlike him that I took him to the dr. to see if anything was wrong. NOPE.  I'm pretty sure that he was growth spurting since he was eating like a champ ALL the time.  Anyway, I am happy to report that we might just be getting back to normal {I say this lightly as normal seems to change everyday} .  Although I am still tired and we are still not sleeping through the night, my sweet, happy baby that will go to sleep without crying is back! Praise the Lord! Not to mention that my wonderful husband {who knows just how tired I am} offered to get up with Thomas once last night so I could at least get a chunk of sleep.  And do you know what?  Thomas only got up once!!  So I slept from 11-7. GLORIOUS.  We have been praying so much about these sleep issues and our friends and family have also been praying.  And we thank the Lord for His gracious answers!


God has taught me a lot through these rough days.  I found myself almost constantly in prayer for sleep, strength, wisdom, peace for our child and our marriage, and the ability to portray the fruits of the spirit even in my very sleep deprived state.  I kept thinking about how the Lord knows what we need- right when we need it.  And he knows what we need better than we do.  That doesn't mean that God will necessarily make my baby sleep right when I want him to, but he will give me the strength and ability to get through the lack of sleep.  It reminded me of  Matthew 6:7-8-
 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.  Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
What a sweet encouragement! Especially when I have been so tired sometimes I can't even put together coherent sentences.   


Even in these hard days, I know that the Lord has been SO good to us and has blessed me with the chance to stay home and raise our son to be a man of God. 


-R 


ps- don't you just want to kiss those cheeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment