Tuesday, April 26, 2011

sleep.

Last night Thomas slept for 4.5 hours in a row!!  Can I just tell you how awesome that felt???  I haven't had 4.5 consecutive hours of sleep in 5.5 weeks!  It was glorious! And although it might not be here to stay yet, I am thanking God for at least last night!
Thomas doesn't usually nap in his lamb chair, but the other day I was trying to help him calm down and get a little drowsy before putting him in his crib.  I went to get dinner started while he enjoyed a massage (the chair vibrates:) and when I came back 5 minutes later, this is what I saw!  So happy, so adorable and SO asleep!



God is continuing to sustain us during this time with little sleep and navigating through being new parents.  It certainly hasn't been easy, but we are resting in the fact that our Heavenly Father is taking care of us and holds everything together!  We know that Thomas is a sweet blessing from the Lord and we are just trying to take everything a day at a time and enjoy him!

-R

Col. 1:17- "He {Jesus} is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful about the 4.5 hrs of sleep! I remember getting to 6 hrs of sleep and actually felt human again! Thomas is so beautiful! Love this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that baby is wonderful- can't help but just love him to pieces!!! Yay for getting a little sleep!!

    ReplyDelete