Wednesday, April 27, 2011

6 weeks ago...

Tomorrow I have my 6 week check-up with my OB.  It's SO hard to believe that only 6 weeks ago I went to my 37.5 week appointment and was sent right to the hospital to be induced.  My OB was actually going to let me be more lenient on bed rest since my BP was good.  She decided to do a quick ultrasound just to check on Thomas and I'm so glad she did because she found that my amniotic fluid was too low for Thomas to stay put...SO right to the hospital i went!


Yes, it's hard to believe.  It's even harder to believe that I looked like this:


And then after laboring for almost 15 hours (don't worry I had an epidural and didn't have to suffer that long), this little beauty came along:
Little T fresh from the oven- dry skin and all (what can you expect when he was in liquid for 9 months :)
A lot has happened in 6 weeks!  We are slowly adjusting to life as a family of 3 and falling more in love with our sweet little Thomas each day!  He is so precious!  I love when he cuddles his face into my neck after he's done eating.  I love his little grunts and sounds.  I love to watch him with his daddy. I just love EVERYTHING about him!  He's grown quite a bit since he was born, though he still spends most of his day eating, sleeping and cuddling!

sleeping makes him happy!

He truly is a sweet little blessing from the Lord!


In other news, I am going to try to jump back on the couponing wagon starting next week!  I haven't gotten a newspaper in SO long so it will be a slow start as I build back up my coupons, but after all these weeks of high grocery bills, I am itching to get back to saving money!  Maybe I'll share some deals with you?  Oh and I am also going to work on getting back to writing our story!


-R

1 comment: