Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blogger's block continues...

It's true. I have a million things I could blog about, but when I sit down to do it, words don't come.  As a result, I've been pretty inconsistent the last week or two.  Maybe it's partially because I can't finish a sentence anymore without forgetting what I am talking about?  Silly pregnancy hormones, I will NOT miss you!


I've officially entered month 9 of my pregnancy which is pretty difficult to believe and I'll be full term (37 weeks) in a week and a half! Looking back, it seemed like it was never going to end when I was SO sick and now it's flying by!  I finally ordered the decal for above Thomas' crib and my mom and I are going to work on painting some furniture for his nursery while she's visiting this week.  Here are some before pictures:


The desk was mine growing up and the dresser was J's.  The plan is to take off the existing hardware, putty the holes,  paint both pieces a pale green (possibilities below) and re-drill holes for knobs instead of pulls. I will share some fun pictures when we finish!  

Maybe this color?
Or this one?

It's too hard to tell on the computer, so I will be going to Home Depot (maybe tomorrow?) to look in person! Both of these might be too dark.  We'll see!

Like I said, my mom is flying in tomorrow afternoon and we are SUPER excited to have her:) I've got lots of fun plans and I am going to enlist her help to get ready for the baby- like making some meals for the freezer, painting, finishing the chair I started recovering and washing baby clothes! YAY! Oh, and she is going to teach me how to crochet!!! Hopefully we'll get in a little shopping and girlie fun too:)

-R

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting to 9 months...I had Jackson at 36 1/2 weeks so you never know...Thomas might be here sooner than you think:) Maybe he'll come while his grandma is visiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait- I have my painting clothes packed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah: I would be SO happy if he came early, as long as he was healthy that is!! Are you feeling any better yet? When do you find out if you are having a boy or girl?

    Mom: Great!! I have to find mine...but chances are they won't fit anymore!! hahaha Love you!

    ReplyDelete