Friday, February 11, 2011

What a week!

What a week!  I had my (almost) 33 week appointment at the doctor's on Wednesday.  Let's just say the day didn't go exactly as planned.  The nurse took my blood pressure which was elevated for the first time EVER.  Thankfully, it was not enough to be diagnosed with preeclampsia, but enough to make my doctor want to check on the baby and put me on modified bed rest for the week.  She sent me over to the hospital for tests and an ultrasound.  I immediately called J to tell him to pray and give him the update.  Thankfully, he's so great at calming me down and offered to come right away.  I told him to wait a bit and see what happened since he was at school.  Here's the good news: Thomas was doing great!  In fact, he is a week ahead in growth, weighing over 4 and 1/2 lbs.  It was nice to see another sneak peek of my little one on the screen.  The ultrasound tech even said she could see he has hair! :) I guess he was destined for that since both my hair and J's hair are extremely thick!  I'm hoping he eventually has curls like his daddy!  As soon as I saw that he was ok, my bp checks (every 15 minutes for a few hours) were completely normal again- hovering around 107/55.  They also did some other tests to make sure everything was ok and decided that I could go home.  And on Thursday, I talked to my doctor who said that I don't have to just lay around on the couch all week- I am allowed to get up some and do little things, just nothing at all strenuous and with lots of rest in between.  No long walks, shopping trips, painting (why would i do this anyway at 8 months preggo?),  being on my feet for long periods of time, etc.  My doctor also okayed me going to our baby shower on Saturday (which I am SUPER excited about!).   I am also supposed to take my bp everyday to make sure it doesn't go too high and so J has been doing that for me.  Not once has it been elevated since! We are thanking the Lord for his protection over our son and me! And praying for a continued good report of health!  I go back to the doc on Thursday and am really praying everything turns out normal!


On a happier note, here's what I woke up to this morning:
From a very yummy local bakery:)



My husband is so sweet to me!  We decided to celebrate Valentines Day tonight since this weekend is busy and Monday night isn't great for us.  He has some more surprises up his sleeve (including some kind of yummy dinner) and so do I!  Hope your weekend is as splendid as ours!


-R

2 comments:

  1. sweet husband for sure! glad you are doing well and can't wait to meet our little "hairy" boy- YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same thing happen at 32 weeks...went in for a normal check up and ended up in the hospital...but my bp had been bad for a month or so...just not AS bad...and...it didn't go down. Thank God yours did. Scary stuff. Praying it stays down!!

    And...yay for being on slight bed rest...'cause extreme bed rest...is just awful. I had 3 months of just lying on my back...two months before...and one month after. Praying everything goes smoothly for all of you for the next few weeks.

    Oh...and I love the vase!

    ~Gillian

    ReplyDelete