Monday, February 21, 2011

random musings...

What a great weekend! Jen and Joey came to visit us for one last rendezvous pre-baby and I didn't take one picture.  Not one. and neither did anyone else!  Ridiculous.  So I have no photos to share, but we made plenty of good memories shopping, eating, picnicking in the park, going to see this and just hanging out together.  As usual, the time went too fast, but we are looking forward to their return this spring to meet little Thomas!


Today, I went to Target to get some Finish dishwasher detergent that I had coupons for.  We don't need it now, but I know we will use it eventually and it was basically free.  Actually, it cost me $0.06. Do you want to know the embarrassing thing?  I never have cash, so I had to pay that 6 cents with my credit card.  I laughed. The old man behind the checkout seemed less enthused.  By the way, our dishwasher is working splendidly!  I feel so happy and free not spending my days scrubbing away at the sink.  I honestly didn't know what I was missing!  We figured out that for now we will probably only have to run it about twice or maybe three times a week because it's so big.  I LOVE it!


I've been wanting to do some home projects or something, but I can't really put my finger on what.  Maybe in the next few days I will think of something fun.  I still have a few unfinished projects that I need to tie up, but I just don't feel like working on them right now....


I'm currently over 34 weeks pregnant and getting ready for our son's arrival!  Just a few things left to get before he comes and we'll be all ready.  It's really hard to believe that I am due in less than 6 weeks- I feel like it's going so fast.  We are praying that God will bring little T close to on time or even just a bit early, so that J won't have to make up as many important tests and projects for school.  Either way, we just can't wait to hold him!  I'm starting to get a bit uncomfortable doing things I used to think were easy- that's one thing I won't miss after Thomas is born.  Oh, and he is still moving like crazy- it's comical just to watch my stomach when he gets going!  We didn't take our regular 34 week picture this weekend, so I might have J take one tomorrow and it will just have to be 34 and 1/2 weeks.  You won't believe how big my belly has gotten!


I think that's all for now. I am thankful for an uneventful week for both J and I.  It's so nice to have him home at a decent hour:) 


-R


ps. sorry for the picture-less post.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you all had so much fun- be thinking of things we can do when I come- and things you want from Greenville. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will, I will! i see some bagels in my future:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had so much fun this past weekend- I soooo wish we lived closer! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete