Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A baby shower

Sorry for being MIA lately- this past weekend we headed to the beautiful and sunny south for a baby shower for Thomas! Can I just say SO FUN?  I had a blast seeing faces of friends and family who came to celebrate with us and received so many wonderful things for our son!  The shower was at my pseudo-sister-in-law's (aka my sister-in-law's sister, Sarah....complicated!) house, which is SO cute by the way!  She did a great job decorating and making the shower just wonderful, as did my sister, Jen, and sister-in-law, Lauren!  I'm so thankful for sisters!  Thanks ladies for all the hard work to make it so beautiful! Thanks also to Tammy (Lauren's mom) and my mama for helping and bringing delicious food!  I have a million wonderful pictures thanks to my awesome resident photographer, but I figured I had better just pick a few to post:

Sarah made the banner and diaper cake! Don't they look SO good?

Love the blue punch:)

With my Grandma and my sister who came up from Atl to spend the weekend and help with the shower! Thanks Jen!

Isn't the cake adorable?


SOOOOO good to see my sweet Clemson friends!  I miss them!

More Clemson/ high school friends! Love them!

Some guests concentrating on a baby word scramble!

A quick picture with Oma (who is getting so excited to meet little Thomas)!

With all the sweet hostesses- Thank you SO much!

I did a lot of this while talking with friends and family:) Oh, and the clothespins were for a game that I was terrible at!

And a lot of this! Thanks for blessing us with so many wonderful things everyone!  We are so grateful!

My sweet BFF who came up for the weekend! Thank you SO much for coming all that way, Laura! I love you and miss you already!

adorable party favors!
At the end, the women had a time of prayer for our family which was such a blessing to me and of course made me cry.  I cannot help but have my heart feel so full when I look back on this past weekend.  It was just wonderful!  Thank you, everyone, for all of your sweet generosity and taking your time to come.  It meant SO much to me!


-R

No comments:

Post a Comment