Thursday, January 20, 2011

wreathing.

Today's forecast: 3 to 5 inches of snow.  Unfortunately, there is less than 1/2 inch right now and no sign of it falling hard until this afternoon, so J still has class. Boo.  I'm always skeptical at these forecasts because I feel like it almost never ends up as bad as they say, but we'll see.  I plan to get out this morning before the "bad weather" ensues and spend some time with my friend and her little girl.  Fun! Then, I'll probably head back here for a little more creating...


I started a project yesterday and am super excited about the results!  Want to know what I'm working on?   Well, I saw a wreath I LOVED on etsy prior to Christmas, but it was $45 plus shipping. Outrageous. I knew that I could make it for less if I could figure out how.  I googled (duh!) it and who knew there were so many tutorials on how to make a felt rosette wreath!?!?!?  Anyway, I ended up making one for my sister for Christmas and when my grandma saw it she wanted one too.  Then, she started advertising to her friend in  her neighborhood who wanted me to make one and pay me for it. SO, I've been wreathing (which is probably NOT a word).  It's funny because "felt rosette wreath" just doesn't sound cool to me, so if you had the same thought, I think you will change your mind when you see it.  It's beautiful and modern and I love it!


Pictures to come this afternoon. Oh, and I'll also post where I found the tutorial in case you want to make one too!


-R

No comments:

Post a Comment