Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What feels like home to you?

I love to make my apt. feel homey.  I know it's just an apartment, but I do my best to make it our little haven- a place where my husband can come home from a hard day at school and relax, a place where friends feel comfortable and company feels at home.  I started thinking today about the things in our apartment that make it feel homey to me. Here are just a few of them:

1. The smell of apple and cinnamon candles burning:
This is BY FAR my very favorite scent probably because it's what my mom loved to burn in our house growing up.

2. Freshly baked cookies:

3. Cozy throws to curl up with on the couch (like this uber-soft one from Pottery Barn):

4. A warm cup of tea, coffee or hot cocoa (depending on the mood):

I could go on and on, but the thing that makes our home the most homey are the people in it- whether they live here or are just visiting.   It's the good conversation, the laughter and the time with family.  And so as much as I love all these above things, I know that the wall art in our dining room sums it up:
Which you can purchase by clicking here
We can make any place home (even if it has wheels) as long as we are together. Yes, I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true!
This was taken at Bellows Beach in Hawaii just a few minutes after I found out I was pregnant (our first picture as parents?)- so technically Thomas was in the picture too...(and if you look carefully, we caught a bird flying by!)
What feels like home to you?

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment