Wednesday, January 5, 2011

planning for 2011

I have thought a lot lately about the way the Lord has blessed us so abundantly and how He has taken care of us so generously. It's hard to sit in a sweet, warm apartment with a loving, godly husband while your son kicks happily in the womb and think differently.  I just keep marveling at how God provides, even when my unfaithful heart worries that He just might not this time.  


At times this past year, it didn't seem like the Lord knew what He was doing, especially when some plans I had didn't work out the way I had envisioned and I ended up at home full-time earlier than I expected. I guess that's why they say hindsight is 20/20 because I can look back and see how the Lord was using each event to bless, provide and take care of us.


Yes, I had a plan for 2010 and the Lord altered some of those plans to make it a better year than I ever imagined.  God says in His word that it is wise to plan for our future, to pray through our plans, seek counsel from others and work hard, but He also reminds us that our plans should be written in pencil (as our pastor said this week) because sometimes even with godly motives, He has something different in mind.


"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9


So, I am looking forward to 2011, excited about the plans that we've made and thanking God that ultimately He determines our steps...


-R


ps- look out for a post on my homemade bread making skills (or lack thereof) this afternoon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment