Tuesday, January 18, 2011

new additions

Today, I hibernated from the cold and rain inside our sweet little apt. and got a few things done.  For one, I finished lining all of our kitchen cabinets that I started doing here.  I'm glad that no one was here to see how dirty they were before I cleaned them (yikes!).  I also made some delicious baked ziti (which is in the oven for dinner), did laundry and balanced our budget.  It's not exactly glamorous to spend the day getting things done inside, but it was pretty productive and I didn't have to brave the rain!


Remember how I told you that I got some fun new home things from Ikea?  I thought I would just let you see one of them...since i love it! :)  Sorry the green is a little off- it's a dark and gloomy day, so not too much light coming in and I hate using a flash.



What do you think?  Cute and organized, right?  There are still a few small containers of spices in my spice drawer, but these are the ones that I use the most.  I put little label tabs on the tops right now, but am planning to find some other cheap way to label them. Any good ideas?


-R

4 comments:

  1. Cute! You could find some cute letter stickers and put the first letter of the spice name on them -- like B for basil, etc. I don't know what kinds and if it would be confusing, but they're probably easy to recognize with color, texture, etc. That was the first thought that came to my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...every time I read your blog I think..."I need to get more organized!" I am so unorganized and hate it!...it stresses me out to no end...but I also have no idea where to start... Love all the organization stuff you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen: Thanks!

    Beth: That's a good idea...most of the spices I can remember, so I might try that!

    Gillian: Haha, thanks! I love to organize, so that probably makes me weird! Too bad I am not closer, I would come help you:) I always do best when i just tackle one thing at a time...although I am sure it's much harder with a cute bambino to take care of!

    ReplyDelete