Thursday, January 20, 2011

felt rosette wreath

Here is the promised wreath project!  If you want to see a great step by step tutorial that I found click here.  Otherwise, you can see what I did below:

Gathering supplies- I actually used a LOT more felt circles (about 1 1/2 yards of felt) than this to finish the wreath, but you get the idea. For the template, I simply traced a cup.

Then you fold the felt circles into fourths and stick a pin through...

Push the pin into the styrofoam wreath (mine is a 12 inch wreath, but you could go bigger) and start building your wreath- I made my felt circles pretty close together, but you could probably use a little less felt and still make it look really cool! You don't need to cover the back of the wreath since no one will see it.

No, I didn't cut myself.  I learned after my thumb was hurting SO badly from pushing all those pins into the styrofoam to wear a bandaid to protect my skin.  I HIGHLY recommend this if you decide to make one!

In progress...

Done!  I am going to add a short piece of white ribbon to the back to hang it.
So, what do you think?  I love how it turned out and eventually would like to make one for me to keep!  It does take quite a bit of time to cut the circles and push all the pins on, but I just turned on the tv and did it while I watched. Now that I'm done, I really want to make this and this and this.  So many projects....so little money!


Oh, and the snow did come...it's pouring down now, so I guess the meteorologists were right!


-R

4 comments:

  1. Wreath is beautiful! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Ours is hanging on the wall in the guestroom- so pretty! Stay warm with all that snow. Love you! Looking forward to seeing you in about a week! Love, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thanks so much for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete