Thursday, January 6, 2011

busy day.

This morning, I had my almost 28 week check-up!  I had to do my glucose test, which, surprisingly, was not as bad as I thought it would be.  I had heard from other friends that you had to drink an awful orange drink and so I was imagining something horrible, like a Flintstones vitamin milkshake- chalkiness and all.  I am happy to report that it tasted more like kool-aid or Crystal Lite Fruit Punch:) However, I wouldn't go so far as to say it tasted good- hopefully i passed! The best news is that both Thomas and I are healthy!  He is measuring right where he needs to be and had a strong heartbeat.  I go back in another 3 weeks and then I think I go every 2 weeks.  I guess I will know the doctor pretty well:) Today, she gave me a pre-registration form for the hospital we are delivering at and it made me realize just how close we are getting to due day. CRAZY! Oh, and James and I signed up for birth and labor class....yikes!


This afternoon, I worked on a project that I have been wanting to do for a long time.  I am not quite done, so I'm waiting to post pictures until tomorrow, but I am SO happy I finally tackled it.  I just needed a little inspiration which I found in a blog I was reading this morning. You'll get the details tomorrow.... I know it will be hard to sleep tonight because of the excitement:)


Oh, and what's a post without a picture?  Here's what my love did with some of his time over Christmas break (prior to traveling, of course)....
There's obviously nothing more exciting than a 450 calorie microwave chimichanga and a Rockstar! (ewwwwwwww!) This picture was taken pre-awesome new camera btw.


-R

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I'll be able to sleep from the excitement- or maybe because I'm on call!! :). I seriously love reading your blog and seeing all your creativity! It was fun catching up today! Love you! - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, i hope that your call ended up ok! Glad to know someone reads this blog:) Love you too!

    ReplyDelete