Friday, January 14, 2011

Baby on the brain:)

I know, I probably talk about the excitement of our first son a lot, but I just can't help it!  I find myself wandering through the baby section of every store that I visit (yes, even Kroger!) and smiling spontaneously when I feel his strong kick!  Sometimes I walk into the nursery and just want to look at all the cute baby things.  And I dream about the day we will get to hold and rock our baby boy.  I honestly cannot explain just how thrilled I am to be a mom.  Even when I was a little girl, I always told people when I grew up I wanted to be a mom.  I'm sure they were thinking more of a career outside the home when they asked, but I had seen my mom stay home to be a mom all my life and I knew that was exactly what I wanted to be!  I played with my baby dolls past the age that I'm sure most girls give them up and always pretended I had slew of children to care for.  I loved babysitting my neighbors' younger kids in middle school because it often gave me an excuse to play pretend and not look silly to my "more mature" friends.  


Now, I am a stay at home mom- just what I've always wanted to be! I am so thankful to the Lord for blessing and taking care of us in a way that allows me to do this.  I know that when Thomas makes his appearance this spring that it won't be an easy job, but I am quite sure that it's exactly what God made me to be!  I am positive that even on the toughest days, I wouldn't rather be doing anything else. And so, I am waiting with great anticipation and excitement for the days to come:)


Now on to some fun nursery pictures because I know they make long posts more fun, right? I will post more pictures when the nursery is completely finished.  
My cousin Gillian made this for Thomas- isn't it just beautiful?  We LOVE it! Thanks for being so sweet, Gillian!

The new mobile for Thomas' crib...as much as we loved the red Ikea hot air balloon, it just didn't gel with any of the bedding they had at Babies R Us.  We are keeping it though, so hopefully one day we will be able to use it:)

Some board books I got really, really cheap at a consignment shop :) Oh, and the blanket they are on is a very soft gift from Oma that goes great with the transportation theme we are going with in the nursery! Thanks, Oma!



-R

ps- I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow!  YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new room stuff for James Thomas...it's adorable! Love the transportation theme too...so cute!
    Nana Bush

    ReplyDelete