Wednesday, December 15, 2010

what to do above the crib? HELP!

Ok, so I know that some of you don't usually comment on my posts, but I need some help deciding what to do on the boringly white wall above the crib in our nursery/guest room!  So I am asking for some feedback via comment, wall post, email, etc, (and though i can't promise to choose what you like best, I definitely need some opinions).   So, I have chosen to go with a vinyl decal above thomas' crib because then I don't have to worry about anything falling on him or him pulling it down when he is eventually standing!  AND I've even narrowed it down to 2 choices!  The problem is that James and I both like both options- so we need a little help from our blog friends!  


Choice One found here (obviously this would say thomas and I am pretty sure I would choose a different color, but you get the idea):
I am not sure I want to put his name above his crib because it seems like everyone does this....opinions? On the other hand, it would be super cute. This decal is about 2ft. by 2ft.

Choice Two found here (I would also choose different colors for this to match our nursery, but you get the idea):
This decal is about 3ft. by 3.5ft so it's bigger, but would still fit nicely.

Normally, I would look at the price of both ideas and choose the cheaper one, but they are so close in price that it makes almost no difference.  So, bring out the interior designer within you and let me know...which one do you like better and why?

-R

ps- I haven't posted my 24 week belly picture because we forgot to take it...and now I am about 24 and a half weeks! So, I might post a mid-week picture or you might just have to wait until week 25. We shall see.

7 comments:

  1. I like the Thomas one...I think it's so cute to personalize his room. It's really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know! I'm usually all for asymmetry, but I'm not sure how the second one would work without seeing it in the space. I think I'm leaning toward the first one, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog..i think you are so creative.

    I like both of them. I kind of agree with what you said about the first one.."not sure about putting the name above the bed b/c every does it." I tend to like things that people don't normally do. But bottom line, if you love it that's what matters regardless if it would appear in most nurseries. There will be no other baby like your own.

    I like the second one alot too because it correlates with the theme of the etsy print of numbers. I think numbers and letters go well together.

    Whatever you choose will be a great addition.

    Natalie C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like the first one better, but honestly whatever you decide will look great. You are so good at decorating and making things look homey and fun! - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first one, the second one would be better for when he is a preschooler. Either one is super cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the first one I think but both are very cute! =)
    -sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oma goes for the first one- every kid should have his/her name in "print" atleast once in his life- might just as well do it now. Actually though what ever you do will look great! lolo, Mom

    ReplyDelete