Friday, December 10, 2010

Warning:

Do NOT make puppy chow while pregnant! I think that my self-control when it comes to food has gone out the window...


Yesterday, I went to the store to get the ingredients that I needed to make some puppy chow and chocolate covered pretzel rods for James' friends who have been so gracious to occasionally give him a ride home from school so he doesn't have to wait for the bus! 
Here's what I started with:

Aren't the little Santa bags festive?  I will say there are only limited choices of these bags at Target:)  Then I had to do step one: wash the dishes in the sink. BOO.  I promise that i don't leave piles of dishes all the time, it's just that I feel like I am constantly washing them and they somehow still appear!  I wash them every morning from breakfast and coffee, after lunch, in the afternoon if I do any baking or cooking, after dinner, etc.  My poor hands...the no dishwasher thing gets so old.


 Then I started the puppy chow process:)

What could be better than chocolate, peanut butter and butter?  hahaha.  I sort of skipped taking pictures as I got into what I was doing, so here is the finished puppy chow.

And here's what everything looked like when I wrapped it all up!

We delivered the treats last night and I think they were a hit.  Oh, i made a little extra for us to munch on too because James loves this stuff and well, so does James Thomas:)

-R

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I feel you on the puppy chow (except I'm not pregnant, and I still have no self control!) and I DEFINITELY feel you on the dishes!! :)

    {If you want to feel a little less guilty with the chow, don't use butter! I don't, and it comes out just fine.}

    I made some yesterday for Wes's graduation party, and now that I've read this post, I think I'm going to go have some... for breakfast!!! You are such a bad influence! :)

    ReplyDelete