Monday, December 13, 2010

something better than the weather...

Winter is in full bloom here (i'm using a spring analogy since i wish it were spring instead!) and unfortunately we are just in the beginning of it. It's making me cold just thinking about going outside.  Today's high was 22 degrees and the snow from this weekend just doesn't seem to want to melt quite yet.  Now that it has transitioned from pretty and charming to cold, slushy and gross, I am ready for it to be gone!  


In more cheerful news, James finishes his last final tomorrow! I am SUPER proud of all his hard work during this very tough semester!!!  Great job, hubby!  Oh, AND in 10 days we will be in South Carolina!  I seriously cannot contain my excitement!  Here's hoping the weather is warmer and sunnier than Louisville!


Here are just a few things I am looking forward to:

 No caption necessary

Daddy's famous Christmas sweater

Opening presents:)

stockings 

 
the Christmas tree...oh and have i mentioned the presents?!? 
i might be 24, but i still get excited like i'm 5.

hanging out with my awesome older sister and bro-in-law

...and my sweet older brother and his wifey 
(and let's not forget the rest of my family- mama, daddy, grandmas, etc!)

Christmas Eve luminaries 

seeing my sweet grandma K- 
she gets a kick out of handing us our envelopes of money each year:) and we all appreciate it!

I could honestly could go on and on...reading reciting Luke 2 on Christmas morning, seeing my grandma farnum who is coming from NY:), eating delicious food, James being completely free from school and much more!  Mostly, I just can't wait to hang out with all the people I love so much!  I love all of the Christmas traditions that we have and am so thankful for such a wonderful family!

I cannot thank the Lord enough for his goodness to us with all of these blessings (plus the blessing of our baby son) and for the humble gift of Jesus!  


This sweet song comes to mind when i think about it...



You have been so good to me
You have been so good to me
I came here broken, you made me whole

You have been so good
You have been so good
You have been so good to me

You have been so good to me
You have been so good to me
I came here mourning,
You gave me joy
You have been so good
You have been so good
You have been so good to me

How can I thank you, Lord
There is just no way
How can I thank you
No way how could I to pay
For your kindness
For your tenderness
For your constant presence here with me

Definitely click the link above and hit play if you've never heard this song! It might be repetitive, but i love that about it!

-R 

No comments:

Post a Comment