Monday, December 6, 2010

our Great Provider

There have been seasons of my life when the Lord has really shown me different aspects of Himself.  Lately, I have been reflecting on the last year (and yes I know it's not the end of the year yet).  As I look back, I cannot help but think about how the Lord has been such a Great Provider for us.  It's been so amazing to step back and have to rely on the Lord to get us through tight times.  He has provided things from food when we were out of money for the month to so many wonderful baby things for our son and beyond!  I honestly cannot get over the generosity of our God and the way He keeps His promises to take care of His children.  If that weren't amazing enough, He has used many of you to help provide for us and we cannot say thank you enough for the ways you have blessed us!  


It makes me think especially of this passage in Matthew 25:



31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
   34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
   37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
   40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’



I know I will look back on this time when we are living on "little" with fondness because of all the Lord is teaching us through it.  His love for His children is so great that He even sent His very own son to die on a cross so that we could be with Him forever. Now if that's not something to rejoice about this season, I don't now what is!


-R

No comments:

Post a Comment