Thursday, December 2, 2010

Little Miss Rebekah Homemaker

So Susie Homemaker sounds better, but I'm trying to be creative!


I've spent the last few days (minus the day I spent babysitting) sewing, cooking, cleaning and I guess what one might call "nesting."  I find using the term nesting odd since I think it's associated with having a baby, but I am pretty sure that I have been doing it since James and I have been married.  I love when my house is organized, clean, and clutter free.  Don't get me wrong- just ask my mom and sister (who I shared a room with for years), I have NOT always been like this!  BUT as soon as we got our own place, I turned over a new leaf.  Now, instead of buying clothes with my birthday money, I buy shoe organizers for our closet. Instead of jewelry, I buy fabric to make new pillows.  This is only the beginning, but you get the point.  


This week I worked hard to sew a special Christmas present (that turned out so beautifully by the way that I would like to keep it for me)!  I would post pictures, but I can't until after Christmas:) I also sewed some burp clothes for James Thomas.  I am pretty sure that you can never have too many of these.  I used a fabric that my mother-in-law didn't have a use for and backed it with light blue terry cloth for absorbency.  They turned out cute and will be useful too. Not to mention, they were SUPER easy to make. They would be even cuter if I knew how to monogram them...


Oh, speaking of baby things, would you like a sneak peek of the nursery?
Mr. Duck is taking James Thomas' place until he gets here:)  We still have a long way to go, but it's already coming together- thanks especially to the generosity of our friends and family! Still not sure if I am going to paint or not...


-R

No comments:

Post a Comment