Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mrs. Clean

I'm sitting here with a cup of lemon ginger tea (complete with local raw honey) so glad to have my feet up!  Today I got the sudden urge (after spending some time with my friend and her baby at the mall and doing an errand) to really CLEAN my apt.  This urge really doesn't come very often for me and so I tried to capitalize on it as much as possible.


Sure, I sweep our wood floors, clean the bathroom, keep up with the laundry, mop the kitchen/bathroom and dust almost weekly, BUT I rarely want to do more beyond that.


TODAY, however, I got down on my hands and knees and vacuumed the ENTIRE apt. floor- making sure to get all the dust and hair that accumulates around the baseboards.  I guess it's because we live in an old apt. or maybe it's just wood floors in general, but it seems that no matter how much I sweep, there is ALWAYS dust and hair somewhere that I missed and as soon as I've swept, the next day it is already dirty!    I must admit that my knees hurt now and I doubt that I will be doing this again for a long time!  BUT i love the feeling of clean.


Then I went on to dust the whole house, clean out and wipe down the fridge, thoroughly scrub the kitchen sink, and wipe down the kitchen cabinets, stove and vent hood.  I emptied the trash around the house and did some laundry.  Now I'm exhausted, but it feels so nice to have a clean home.


Oh by the way, my parents are coming to visit tomorrow!  And no I didn't do all this cleaning for them, although it is nice to be able to since the last time they came I was in the first trimester and pretty much laid miserably on the couch the entire visit!  I'm very excited to have them for the weekend and I'm glad that I only have the bathroom left to clean tomorrow before they get here:)


Sorry this post is devoid of pictures! I promise I'll have lots to post after this weekend:)


-R

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about running with the feeling when you get it -- I get the urge to deep clean at SUCH random times, but I always try to go with it! {Like last night when I arrived home from being away for a week -- soo much to unpack and unload, but I decided I couldn't do ANYTHING until I had cleaned out and wiped down the refrigerator...?!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Beth, you are too funny! When I wiped down our fridge it was DISGUSTING- so I guess I can't blame you! Hope you had a great time on your trip:)

    ReplyDelete