Sunday, October 17, 2010

week 16 and projects...

Here it is...the week 16 picture! I am pretty sure it's safe to say I am growing slowly....


J and I stopped in the Motherhood Maternity store and I picked up some leggings and jeans. I can still wear the Bellaband with regular clothes, but stretchy clothes are so much more comfortable- even if they are a bit big right now. I have basically been living in a skirt that I picked up at a thrift shop for only $4 with my mom, sister and sister-in-law in SC. I love it. It's so comfortable, but in these quite chilly mornings my legs were quite cold and my old tights and leggings felt too tight around my middle- problem is now solved. It was actually really funny to try on the "belly" that they have there so you can sort of see how you will look. It's hard to believe I will get that huge:) At least J thinks I will be cute!

Oh yes, did you want to see my adorable duck?  He has a bean bag inside of him and is oh so soft! The pattern was very simple compared to making a shirt!


And here is what Mr. Duck (or for that matter Mrs. Duck) did to the guest room with it's adorable white, fluffy, soft fur!  It was EVERYWHERE.  If you think that looks bad, you should have seen the fleece I was wearing!  At least the vacuum sucked it all up and now that all the seams are sewn, there is no more shedding.

Are you wondering what the next project on the agenda is?  I have two things I am thinking about doing right now.  In SC my mom and I found these super comfortable and cheap parsons chairs at a thrift shop for the ends of our dining room table and she and dad offered to buy them for us (that way if we have more than 4 people at the table, no one has to sit in rolling computer chairs)!  Thanks guys! The only problem is that they are have super ugly fabric!  My mom bought one for her computer desk and already recovered it- it looks awesome. I admit that I am a bit scared to embark on sewing a cover without a pattern- I am not as talented and experienced as her.  SO I am currently looking for a slipcover, but if I can't find one I like I may end up sewing one....I will let you know if I do!  My other possible project is easy-painting a lamp:)  I have a gold lamp that was a hand-me-down from my mom, but no other gold in our house, so I am thinking of spray painting it red?  We shall see.  It definitely needs something if I am going to continue to use it:)

Well, off to enjoy a lazy sunday afternoon! i love Sundays!

-R

1 comment:

  1. the duck turned out soooo cute!!! and I love your little bulging belly!!! Love you and James a ton! Mom

    ReplyDelete