Thursday, October 14, 2010

New *handmade* shirts!


Here they are- my new maternity shirts!  Aren't they cute?  The best part is that I sewed them myself.  The brown paisley one on the left I made with the help of my mama while we were in SC.  Not bad for my first time sewing with a pattern right?  I did my best to soak up all the pattern lingo and learn everything I could from my talented mother before heading back to the bluegrass.  Yesterday I started shirt #2 and finished it today- all by myself!  I think the red color will be perfect for the upcoming holiday season.  Both shirts have plenty of room for Baby Bush to grow- so hopefully I can wear them for a long time.  In fact, they look a little big on me right now, but are so comfortable that it's not stopping me from wearing them.  I went to Joann's yesterday and I just wanted to buy a bunch more material and patterns and sew, sew, sew. BUT I think I better take it one project at a time.


More to come about my next project soon...


-R

No comments:

Post a Comment