Friday, June 18, 2010

TRIMARC

Today's saga-

This morning started out bright and early with a morning run. Aren't we committed? Haha, I don't think that we will make a habit of going that early, but we knew that we were having friends over for dinner and didn't want to run them out so to speak to go run....so we decided to get up early. We ran 2.4 easy miles (and yes it actually finally felt easy!! yay!) and then headed home to get ready for work.

J took me today so that he could come back this afternoon and swim with the girls and I. I cannot even express how thankful I am that today he was with me- definitely God's sweet provision.

Why?

Well about 2 exits before the one we take to my work on I64, we heard a big thud. Not knowing what it was and not feeling any difference in the car, we figured we had simply run over some large object in the road. Soon after we saw tons of tire debris from a truck and naturally thought that we might have hit some without knowing. Then the car started sounding a little odd as we drove and J spotted the tire pressure light....you probably know what's coming next. FLAT TIRE. Our front right tire was flat as a pancake. He quickly got over to the right side of the road and put on his flashers. I called the family I work for and explained that I would be late....of course they offered to come help change it and get us if we needed (they are seriously that sweet!). And James got on the phone to AAA (he has a card, but I don't- also God's providence!)


BUT before he could finish the conversation this van pulled up marked TRIMARC. James climbed out my side to talk to the guy who works for the city/state and offers FREE roadside assistance. I honestly had a brief moment where I thought this could be an angel sent by the Lord to help us. He not only helped J change the tire in record time, but also even had hand wipes to get the grease off J's hands- what service! I only ended up being 30 minutes late to work and J was able to take the car to get a new tire. Thanks Mr. Carter of Trimarc- you saved the day and we really appreciate it, but more than that thanks Lord for providing for us so abundantly! He is always taking such sweet care of us and today is just one tangible example of the Father's love for us!

So that's the story and although we had to spend unexpected money on a new tire, we are more than grateful to be safe and taken care of by our Heavenly Father:)

-R

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I'm glad you guys are safe and that God took good care of you. I love you! - Jen

    ReplyDelete