Did you know that most of the dinners I cooked or am cooking this week had several things from food line? It's like that every week...thanks to the invention of the freezer! In fact, it's a game to find out what we actually paid for that we are eating! With couponing, generous parents and food line, most of our meals are almost free! Want to see some proof?
- Monday- Pork loin (free-food line!), sauteed squash and zucchini (free-dad's garden!), rice (free- Grandma gave it to mom who gave it to us!), oranges (free- mom bush!)
- Tuesday- Ham steak (free- food line!), broccoli ($.25- couponing!), potatoes (free- couponing!), oranges (free- mom bush!)
- Wednesday- we got lazy sooooo we got carry out tonight :)
- Thursday- steak (free- food line!), green beans ($.25- couponing), pears (free- couponing), rolls (free- couponing)
- Friday- spaghetti with meat sauce (altogether $.100 including wheat pasta, sauce, and 1 lb. of ground beef-couponing and food line), some veggie from freezer (probably $.25)
- Saturday- Out with Mom Bush and Sara?
- Sunday- Chicken on grill ($1.50), rice (free- gma), veggie ($.25), oranges :)
So, total for 5 dinners...drum roll.......$3.50! That's an average of 70 cents per meal! If that doesn't convince you to start couponing, move to Village Manor and have an awesome family....I don't know what will! Happy Wednesday!