Thursday, February 11, 2010

Yesterday was the first time that I have literally been vomited on by a child. You are probably surprised considering that I worked at Kindercare (where kids always seem to be sick), but poor little Ella puked all over my arm yesterday. Do you want to know what I was thinking as I held back my own gagging? I felt awful for her and that I couldn't do anything to help her feel better. And I think it was the first time that I realized that I love these two precious girls that I spend so much time with during the week. They have climbed into my heart and although the day can sometimes be trying and long, I love spending it with them:) BUT I am still glad that I have Thursdays off! haha.

I am having a relaxing day so far.....took James to Starbucks and school this morning, came home and did a general clutter sweep of the house, got ready, did errands with my neighbor and her adorable baby:), and now just relaxing for a few until I go hang out with James for lunch! Woo Hoo :) He is getting out a little early today and I am SO excited since I feel like i've barely seen him in the last few weeks with all his crazy studying! I think I might also want a nap this afternoon before community group. Today is a great day!

-R

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bekah! First I miss you. Second, I can't say that I've never been thrown up on by a child (as it happens on a daily basis at work by the little babies especially) but it's cute to hear about the girls you nanny for... a little glimpse into your life :) I wish we were physically closer so I could spend time with you while Matt and James studied! Also, I am amazed by all your thrifty shopping. We need a lesson down here in Fl where everything is so pricy. I don't know how you get such great deals. We're doing to try and follow in your footsteps!! Keep the advice coming, i need it! Ah, and lastly, could I have your Louisville address? I have a past due chistmas card with your name on it... and another exiciting letter to send you (we're going to AFRICA in may for a few weeks!!)
    Anywho, This is an e-mail rather than a comment, but hey I just miss you too much!
    Love Love Love, Loa
    p.s. we seriously want to come to hawaii with you two

    ReplyDelete