Tuesday, November 17, 2009

the cattle on a thousand hills...

How does time go so fast? I can hardly believe that it's the 17th of November and we are closing in on Thanksgiving! Soon J will have finished his first semester of dental school and we will have lived in Louisville for 6 months! Sometimes it still seems like we just moved in and other times it seems like we have lived here so much longer.

Tonight I want nothing more than to decorate for CHRISTMAS. I know it's a little early, but since we are going away for Thanksgiving to J's family in Cincinnati, I thought we should probably get it done this weekend:) I can't help my excitement. Even as i am writing, Pandora's Christmas music is filling the room (thank you ipod touch!) and I am thinking of all the days ahead. I have already put up a few things for Christmas and have gotten out our stockings. Again this year-no fireplace- so they will reside somewhere on the wall:) I promise to put up pics once we have everything up.

This morning I woke up to a call from work wanting me to come in for someone who couldn't make it today (which doesn't happen much) and on my way, i thanked God that i didn't end up subbing this year. It's really hard to go to bed the night before and not know if you are working the next day (especially if it means finding out early in the morning!). God has been so good to us and is continually providing for us. I was reminded today how He is continually working out my work schedule so that i get just enough hours to make do...even though every week it seems like i won't! We are learning more and more this year to rely on the Lord for things we used to take for granted (friends, food, $ to pay bills, etc.). I have been reminded today of this sweet passage from Psalm 50
"I am God, your God.
I do not rebuke you for your sacrifices
or your burnt offerings, which are ever before me.
I have no need of a bull from your stall
or of goats from your pens,
for every animal of the forest is mine,
and the cattle on a thousand hills."

I love it! Every animal of the forest is already His and the cattle on a thousand hills! What a beautiful picture showing that we can trust God to provide for us- for everything here is already His. When I think about that and a million other passages that point to way God takes care of His children and doesn't want us to worry...everything I worry about seems so small. Praise God for His sweet provision:)

-R

1 comment:

  1. SO TRUE! can't wait to see your sweet decor! btw...where are you working this year???? we were at the cincy zoo friday night! miss u! Mer

    ReplyDelete