It's been awhile. Our lives have been "kicked up a knotch" in the busyness factor lately, leaving little time to write. Two weekends ago, we made a whirlwind trip to SC to surprise mom for her birthday:) It was a success and absolutely wonderful to see the whole fam if only for a day and a half. Last weekend, J and I just relaxed here--went to the art show/ UofL homecoming downtown and enjoyed some time together. We are astounded that it is already October! Where has the time gone? But October for us holds lots of exciting things--camping, Jen and Joey visiting, my parents visiting, J's fall break!! It's already/going to be a great month. On to some things that I love lately....
1. anything pumpkin, EXCEPT pie! That's right- I love pumpkin spice lattes (yum!), pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin candles, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin coffee from Fresh Market, pumpkin creamer, pumpkin almost anything....but i HATE pumpkin pie. One word: TEXTURE.
2. free $150 OralB toothbrushes. I knew dental school was good for something! Last week, the oralB/Crest guy came to UofL and gave a "lunch and learn" for the students telling them how great this new toothbrush and Crest was. Then he gave each student one with multiple brushing heads- so i benefit too! Now, J and I fight over who gets to brush first! The toothbrush even has bluetooth technology to let you know if you are brushing too hard, when you should move to the next quadrant of your mouth, and a smiling face that let's you know if you've done a good job. It also has different modes to massage your gums, deep clean, be more sensitive, etc. It's amazing to say the least and now we both can't wait to brush our teeth. Also, they seem to feel much cleaner than when I brush with the regular brush--i guess that's the point?
3. sojourn. you might be thinking, what's that? Well, it's the church here that we are currently taking the membership class to join. We absolutely love it already and have been so blessed/challenged by the Biblical teaching. We also bought one of the cds they have produced and LOVE it. We are planning on buying another this week! I am going to also start working with the 4 and 5 year olds and J is planning on joining their medical team--in case anyone needs CPR or first aid during the service. Anyway, we love it there and feel very at home:)
4. JAMES- This should have been number 1, but I got on a role with the whole pumpkin thing! I cannot tell you what a great husband I have! He is so loving and attentive and more importantly loves the Lord first. I am so, so blessed!!
5. ChRiStMaS- I know it's a little early to think about this, but before you know it Thanksgiving will have come and gone and it will be right around the corner. I love everything about Christmas- the purpose, the celebration, the time with family, the weather, the great food and decorations, the feeling of happiness. Yes, Christmas is my favorite holiday and i am already anticipating it for this year:)
There are SO many more things I could mention, but I have to go get ready for work! Until next time....