Thursday, August 13, 2009

the last week and a half :)

I have been SO, SO busy the last week and a half that I just haven't had time to blog.

The best thing that happened was that my brother got married!!! YAY! James and I traveled to SC for 8 days to be part of all of the wedding festivities. It was absolutely gorgeous and we are so excited to have a new sister-in-law! Jami and Lauren are currently enjoying 10 days in Puerto Rico and we are super jealous, BUT glad that they get a nice break after closing on a house and getting married in the span of a week. They need it!

We traveled back to Louisville on Sunday- the 6 1/2 hour ended up taking almost NINE hours! YUCK. There was a point where we were parked (literally) on the highway for 30 minutes. After which we were barely moving for over an hour. Needless to say our gas tank dropped SIGNIFICANTLY during that time, until finally our gas light came on in the middle of rural Kentucky with no exit in the near future. We were praying earnestly that we would not run out of gas! Sure enough, God got us through....our gas light kept going back off and we made it to the exit without having to walk there :) Praise the Lord!

Monday, I did so many errands and things that needed to get done here while James was at school- groceries, bills, calling the insurance co., calling the electric co., laundry...the list goes on and on. I also developed a super sore throat :(. So when I couldn't swallow comfortably anymore I went to the dr. on Tuesday...and sure enough-strep throat. Consequently, I have been spending the last two days mostly on the couch and hoping to feel better--which FINALLY today I DO!

Well, off to watch Regis and Kelly with a good cup of joe. I'll post some pics of the wedding soon:)


No comments:

Post a Comment