Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
I am getting so very excited to spend time with family over the next few weeks:) Christmas is definitely my favorite time of the year!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
"I am God, your God.I do not rebuke you for your sacrificesor your burnt offerings, which are ever before me.I have no need of a bull from your stallor of goats from your pens,for every animal of the forest is mine,and the cattle on a thousand hills."
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 carrots, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups 1 percent milk
- 1 10-ounce package frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 9-inch store-bought piecrust, thawed if frozen
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the chicken in a pot of simmering water until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes; let cool, then shred.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and carrots and cook, stir-ring, until they begin to soften, 6 to 8 minutes (do not let them darken). Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and cook until evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add the milk and simmer until the sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken, peas, thyme, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Transfer to a shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart baking dish.
- Lay the crust on top, pressing to seal. Cut several vents in the crust. Place the pot pie on a baking sheet and bake until bubbling and the crust is golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
Today and tomorrow are J's fall break! He is currently studying for a test he has next week, but plans to spend the whole day with me tomorrow (since i took off from work) with NO studying. HOORAY! it's like having another sunday this week! we have found that for his sanity and mine, it is best for him to take one whole "sabbath" day each week where NO studying occurs....and Sunday is the best day for it. I love sundays! But this week, i also love tuesday :) As for me, I am waiting for some paint to dry so I can continue working on a sign for my mom for Christmas...pictures to come:)
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
1. anything pumpkin, EXCEPT pie! That's right- I love pumpkin spice lattes (yum!), pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin candles, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin coffee from Fresh Market, pumpkin creamer, pumpkin almost anything....but i HATE pumpkin pie. One word: TEXTURE.
2. free $150 OralB toothbrushes. I knew dental school was good for something! Last week, the oralB/Crest guy came to UofL and gave a "lunch and learn" for the students telling them how great this new toothbrush and Crest was. Then he gave each student one with multiple brushing heads- so i benefit too! Now, J and I fight over who gets to brush first! The toothbrush even has bluetooth technology to let you know if you are brushing too hard, when you should move to the next quadrant of your mouth, and a smiling face that let's you know if you've done a good job. It also has different modes to massage your gums, deep clean, be more sensitive, etc. It's amazing to say the least and now we both can't wait to brush our teeth. Also, they seem to feel much cleaner than when I brush with the regular brush--i guess that's the point?
3. sojourn. you might be thinking, what's that? Well, it's the church here that we are currently taking the membership class to join. We absolutely love it already and have been so blessed/challenged by the Biblical teaching. We also bought one of the cds they have produced and LOVE it. We are planning on buying another this week! I am going to also start working with the 4 and 5 year olds and J is planning on joining their medical team--in case anyone needs CPR or first aid during the service. Anyway, we love it there and feel very at home:)
4. JAMES- This should have been number 1, but I got on a role with the whole pumpkin thing! I cannot tell you what a great husband I have! He is so loving and attentive and more importantly loves the Lord first. I am so, so blessed!!
5. ChRiStMaS- I know it's a little early to think about this, but before you know it Thanksgiving will have come and gone and it will be right around the corner. I love everything about Christmas- the purpose, the celebration, the time with family, the weather, the great food and decorations, the feeling of happiness. Yes, Christmas is my favorite holiday and i am already anticipating it for this year:)
There are SO many more things I could mention, but I have to go get ready for work! Until next time....
Friday, September 11, 2009
These are a bit of the past...but here are a few more of J's birthday. I decorated the house so that when he got home he would be surprised...and I got him new Sperrys! He was thrilled :) I think the 22nd birthday was a success! BEST of all, we ate at SKYLINE chili (because I refuse to eat there at any other time) and he was a happy camper!
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
The other day at the grocery, I had a weak moment...and I bought Klondike bars. You might be thinking that's not too bad and if I had stopped at one week, you would be right. BUT now both J and I have become addicted to Klondikes :) I almost can't wait to finish dinner just so I can eat one. This got me to thinking...what would YOU do for a klondike bar?